- Friday night there is raffles at the Surf Club (raffles start at 6pm, so get there before).
- There will be live music at the pub and barefoot bowls at the Sports Club – call and check first for both.
- There should be more live music over the weekend. In Tin Can Bay and Silky Oak Tavern.
- The gym, based at the Sports Club is holding free gym sessions until the end of the month (see our Facebook page).
- Tue morning join 6am yoga on the beach – by donation. Weather permitting.
- Would really recommend surf lessons, stand up paddle board, or kayak with dolphins – see Epic Ocean Adventures.
- You can even try a horseride on the beach.
- At Tin Can Bay – you could feed the dolphins (an early start), hire bikes from Tin Can Bay Tourist Park and cycle the esplanade. Finish the morning with a great value Chinese lunch at Tin Can Bay Country Club.
- Keep an eye out for lunch and dinner specials at the many eateries. Book ahead on weekends.
Great free things to do, besides the patrolled beach or a spot of fishing, are – Seary’s Creek, Poona Lake, trip to Inskip Pt, Double Island Pt (need permit and 4WD) – and the sandblow. Make sure you watch a sunset (pictured), sunrises are brilliant, too.
Bring a frisbee, play some cricket or touch footy. The beach, centre block or on the headlands are good places for this.
See the visitor’s guide in the Community News for more ideas and contact details.
Be safe, and have fun!