October 14, 2010
I know it is only October. Already I am trying to organise myself so Christmas is as it should be – a blessing. Living in Rainbow Beach, we like to stay for Christmas what more do you want? The beach? A pool? Air conditioning? A fuss free Christmas? Every year there are those who are tricky to buy for. Plus there is the added consciousness of eco-friendly, fairtrade, health-related decisions that factor into modern Christmases. Children have so much “stuff” already- instead give them an experience. Here are some of our top ideas, so you and your loved ones enjoy a wonderful day:
1. Accommodation Package Book a short break or a long break for the two of you or your family. You will be giving a memory and a celebration. Of course, if you are like us and happy to stay put this festive season – give a short break deal instead where they can cash it in later in the year.
2. Christmas Lunch You are not just buying food. You are giving a gift that says “I love you so much I don’t want you to sweat over a stove, or worry about a menu, or brave the hectic supermarkets for Christmas Day”. Book early if you would like to celebrate Christmas Lunch in a Rainbow beach restaurant. Also an attractive option, Judy has some elegant providore or fresh seafood options for easy Christmas lunches in Rainbow Beach.
3. Dolphin Ferry Tour. The MOST cost effective wildlife encounter plus a boat cruise to boot. What a bargain.
4. Skydive If you want to buy an experience this is it! Rainbow is well known for it’s extreme adventures.. (also Scuba Diving, Paragliding, Hangliding…) They will not know what is coming. What a cool present – that will impress all ages.
5. Learn to Surf lesson The whole family can do this together. Some family members did this last time they stayed here and as Jodie (pictured), thirty something Mum of 4 said,”if I can do it, anyone can!”
6. A Pamper Package Accomodation, Massage and Dining Voucher. Very romantic. If you let us know it is for a special occasion, you can bet Sid and Judy will ensure you will be looked after at Rainbow Getaway.
7. Massage, Facial, Beauty Treatments… All right here in Rainbow Beach – organise a trip out here and then suprise your loved ones with a relaxing pedicure, manicure, massage and facial combo. It will come with a personal recommendation.
8. Fraser Island Tour The best way to see Fraser – you can relax and let someone else do the driving and catering so you can enjoy the views and commentary. Perfect. Lots of different options are available.
9. Shopping vouchers With surf shops and boutiques, the gift receiver will find it easy to find something they love here in Rainbow Beach. We even have handbags created locally from contemporary and recycled vintage and retro fabric -visit online to Bessie.
10. Get active Always a good present – especially but not only for the kids – buy them a fishing reel or rod, a kite, a boogie board, surfboard, skim board, a football, a cricket set…even a frisbee and enjoy an active holiday in Rainbow Beach’s pristine outdoors. Life is uncomplicated here. If you would like an easygoing, very merry time with your family- join us at Rainbow Getaway.