1. Learn to sail – a course starts this month from Tin Can Bay Yacht Club, and another children’s Learn to Sail course is on the September school holidays. Our boys loved it and we’d highly recommend the experience – lock it in!
2. Dive with turtles, rays and grey nurse sharks. Wolf Rock Dive is not a learn to dive, it has an international reputation for one of the best dive sites in the world. All on our doorstep!
3. Poona Lake (pictured) has a lot more beach at the moment. If you haven’t done the trek for a while, put it on your list. We spent hours there one day in the holidays, and most of the time had it all to ourselves! Remember to pack some snacks and water.
4. You can learn to Fire Twirl. There’s Friday Night Fire Twirling at 6pm, bookings are essential, it’s $10 per person, through Treebeards.
5. Head down to the Rainbow Beach Hotel on February 20 and 27 and relax to the tunes of Joel Makauskas, 7.30 – 10pm. Also check out the hotel and the Sports Club for more gigs.